INOX BD1023, Surface Mounted ADA Compliant Privacy Lock for Barn Doors
The ADA Compliant Surface Mounted Privacy Lock for Barn Doors installs on any type of wall or jamb casing for a unique way to lock a sliding barn door that looks modern and sleek. The lock case is mounted to the wall or door jamb perpendicular to the door. It is surface mounted so there is no need to bore large holes into your drywall. A dust-proof strike is then installed on the barn door. One side is the strike that accepts the lock bolt, and the other side that goes through to the exterior of the door is an emergency release button. The ADA Compliant Privacy Lock for Barn Doors meets the no grasp, no pinch standard.
Barn Door Privacy Lock: Locks but has access to unlock from the outside via emergency release button. Privacy locks do not offer security, they offer privacy.
Need to Know About ADA Compliance 404.2.3 on Sliding Doors: The door opening must have a clear width of 32" and the operating door hardware must be visible and usable from both sides when the door is fully open.
Specifications of the Surface Mounted ADA Barn Door Privacy Lock:
- Lock Case Height: 1-7/8" (4.9mm)
- Lock Case Length: 3-9/16" (90.4mm)
- Lock Case Width: 9/16" (15mm)
- Thumbturn Length: 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Thumbturn Width: 3/8" (10mm)
- Strike Face Diameter: 1-1/4"
- Strike Box Diameter: 1" (26mm)
- Strike can be adjusted to fit barn door thickness from 1-3/8" (35mm) to 1-3/4" (45mm)
- Door and Wall Overlap Minimum: 1" when door is fully closed
- INOX BD1023 Dimensions Diagram (PDF)
*Sold as a Set: (1) lock case with thumbturn, (1) release button with decorative cap, (1) dust-proof strike, (1) emergency release key, and the mounting hardware. For One (1) Door.