INOX EC1517, Rectangular ADA Compliant Privacy Lock for Barn Doors
The Rectangular Barn Door ADA Privacy Lock utilizes a unique door jamb installation for a modern look. INOX Privacy Barn Door Locks includes a thumbturn operated tubular drive-in bolt that is installed on the inside jamb as well as a strike that is installed on the barn door itself. It has an emergency release that can be used from the outside of the door. This Rectangular Privacy Lock for Barn Doors has an ADA Compliant thumbturn.
Barn Door Privacy Lock: Locks but has access to unlock from the outside via emergency release button. Privacy locks do not offer security, they offer privacy.
Need to Know About ADA Compliance 404.2.3 on Sliding Doors: The door opening must have a clear width of 32" and the operating door hardware must be visible and usable from both sides when the door is fully open.
Thumbtrun Escutcheon Specifications:
- Escutcheon Height: 4" (101.6mm)
- Escutcheon Width: 2-3/8" (60mm)
- Escutcheon Projection: 5/64" (2mm)
- Thumbturn Length: 2-1/2" (63.5mm)
Lock Bolt Specifications:
- Lock Bolt Diameter: 1/2" (13mm)
- Lock Bolt Face Diameter: 1-1/4" (32mm)
- Lock Bolt Casing Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Lock Backset:
- 2-1/4" (57mm) for wall thicknesses of 4-1/2" - 6-1/2"
- 3-1/2" (89mm) for wall thicknesses of 6-1/2" and up
- Spindle Hub: 5x5 mm square
- Strike Face Diameter: 1-1/4"
- Strike Box Diameter: 1" (26mm)
- Strike can be adjusted to fit barn door thickness from 1-3/8" (35mm) to 1-3/4" (45mm)
*Sold as a Set: (1) trim escutcheon with thumbturn, (1) release button with decorative cap, (1) dust-proof strike, (1) tubular drive-in bolt, (1) emergency release key, and the mounting hardware. For One (1) Door.