INOX PHIX45714PD8340-ADA, ADA Compliant Sliding Door Privacy Lock with Rectangle Pull
The Rectangular ADA Compliant Sliding Door Privacy Set is today's answer to ADA compliance on sliding pocket doors. This Privacy Lock meets the ADA no grasp, no pinch standard and comes packaged as a set with everything you'll need to install it on your pocket door. It is made out of stainless steel and is available in either satin stainless steel or polished stainless steel finishes.
Sliding Door Privacy Lock: From the interior, the latch is thrown and retracted by the ADA compliant thumbturn. An emergency coin release operates the latch from the exterior. Privacy locks do not offer security, they offer privacy.
Need to Know About ADA Compliance 404.2.3 on Sliding Doors:
The pocket door opening must have a clear width of 32" and the operating door hardware must be visible and usable from both sides when the door is fully open.
The total door opening must be a minimum of 40".
The door needs a minimum protrusion of 4" from the jamb.
Specifications of the Rectangle Pull Sliding Pocket Door Trim:
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Total Pull Length: 7-3/4"
- Center to Center Length: 7-1/4"
- Pull Projection: 1-3/4"
- Pull Width: 1"
- Thumbturn Length: 2-3/4"
- Thumbturn Width: 5/8"
- Cylinder Rose Diameter: 1-13/16"
- Mortise Box Height: 5-29/32"
- Mortise Box Width: 11/16"
- Mortise Box Depth: 3-41/64"
- Mortise Box Face Plate Height: 8"
- Mortise Box Face Plate Width: 1"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4"
- Door Backset: 2-3/4"
- Minimum Pocket Door Opening: 40"
- Surface Mounting: Pull screws to the face of the door.
- INOX PHIX45714PD8340 Dimensions Diagram (PDF)
*Sold as a Set: two (2) door pulls, interior and exterior ADA privacy cylinder, mortise box, and all mounting hardware. For One (1) Door.