INOX PD9540XGT346, ADA Compliant Osaka Sliding Door Privacy Lock
The ADA Compliant Osaka Sliding Door Privacy Set is your solution to needing an ADA compliant Sliding Door Privacy Lock. The thubturn that throws and retracts the bolt meets the no grasp, no pinch requirements of the ADA Standard. This sliding door pocket privacy set is available in satin stainless steel of polished stainless steel finishes. The latch opens from the inside with one quick, single action for easy egress during emergencies.
Sliding Door Privacy Lock: From the interior, the latch is thrown by the ADA compliant thumbturn and retracted by either thumbturn or lever. An emergency coin release operates the latch from the exterior. The exterior lever is ridged. Privacy locks do not offer security, they offer privacy.
Need to Know About ADA Compliance 404.2.3 on Sliding Doors:
The pocket door opening must have a clear width of 32" and the operating door hardware must be visible and usable from both sides when the door is fully open.
The total door opening must be a minimum of 40".
The door needs a minimum protrusion of 4" from the jamb.
Specifications of the Osaka Sliding Pocket Door Trim:
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Lever Length: 5"
- Lever Projection: 1-3/4"
- Lever Return to Door Length: 1-3/4"
- Lever Rose Diameter: 2-1/16"
- Thumbturn Length: 2-3/4"
- Thumbturn Width: 5/8"
- Cylinder Rose Diameter: 1-13/16"
- Mortise Box Height: 5-29/32"
- Mortise Box Width: 11/16"
- Mortise Box Depth: 3-41/64"
- Mortise Box Face Plate Height: 8"
- Mortise Box Face Plate Width: 1"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4"
- Door Backset: 2-3/4" or 2-1/2"
- Minimum Pocket Door Opening: 40"
- Mortise Finger Pull: is thrown by pressing the button on the mortise's face plate. It can be retracted simply by pressing it flush with the faceplate.
- INOX PD9540XGT346 Dimensions Diagram (PDF)
*Sold as a Set: two (2) return to door levers, interior and exterior ADA privacy cylinder, mortise box with finger pull, and all mounting hardware. For One (1) Door.