Emtek 451512, 3/4 Escutcheon Rectangular Handleset with Covered Deadbolt
The Rectangular Monolithic Sandcast Bronze Handleset has a traditional feel that makes it a lovely finishing touch for any historic home. The rectangular shape keeps it from feeling too dated, while the rustic sandcast bronze material from which it is made, keeps this 3/4 Escutcheon Rectangular Handleset with Covered Deadbolt firmly in the world of classic hardware. It will fit either 2-3/8 inch or 2-3/4 inch backsets and can accommodate doors from 1-3/4 inches to 2-7/8 inches thick. The Sandcast Bronze Traditional Tubular Handleset is available in flat black bronze, medium bronze, and white bronze finishes. Choose from single cylinder or dummy functions.
Sandcasting is a process for casting metal in sand molds. The mold is made by packing the sand around a pattern. Molten bronze is then poured into a mold cavity formed out of sand. Each sand mold is used only once. The sand is then recycled for the next piece.
Features for the Sandcast Bronze Traditional Tubular Handleset:
- Keyway: Schlage C
- UL 180 minute fire rating
- Hardened steel bolt.
- Will fit standard 2-1/8" door preparations.
Specifications for the Rectangular Monolithic Entrance Handleset with Covered Deadbolt:
- Material: Sandcast Bronze
- Exterior Top Plate Height: 16-1/4"
- Exterior Top Plate Width: 2-13/16"
- Exterior Projection: 3"
- Exterior Grip Clearance: 1-7/8"
- Exterior Grip Thickness: 1-11/16"
- Interior Trim Plate Height: 10"
- Interior Trim Plate Width: 2-13/16"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" - 2-7/8" please specify
- Backset: either 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Emtek 451512 Specifications (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob/lever operates the latch.