Emtek 4817, Ares Single Cylinder Entry Door Handleset
Emtek's Tubular Ares Handleset features a two piece design in which the deadbolt portion is separated from the grip and thumb-press for a classic look that works beautifully on transitional decor. The Ares Single Cylinder Entry Door Handleset has some modern design elements, but it also leans heavily on the classic beauty of traditional styles, allowing this front door lock to look at home on your home's front door. This entrance set is actually available in either a dummy or a single cylinder function. It will fit either 2-3/8 inch or 2-3/4 inch backsets and can accommodate doors from 1-3/4 inches to 3 inches thick. Choose from several popular finishes and a huge selection of interior trim levers and knobs.
Features for the Ares Tubular Handleset:
- Keyway: Schlage C
- UL 180 minute fire rating
- Hardened steel bolt.
- Will fit standard 2-1/8" door preparations.
Specifications for the Emtek Ares Entrance Handleset:
- Material: Brass
- Exterior Deadbolt Plate Height: 2-3/4"
- Exterior Deadbolt Plate Width: 2-1/2"
- Exterior Top Plate Height: 4-5/8"
- Exterior Top Plate Width: 2-5/8"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Height: 2-3/4"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Width: 1-3/4"
- Exterior Projection: 2-3/4"
- Exterior Grip Clearance: 1" - 1-3/8"
- Exterior Grip Thickness: 1-1/16"
- Interior Deadbolt Plate Height: 2-3/4"
- Interior Deadbolt Plate Width: 2-1/2"
- Interior Trim Plate Height: 4"
- Interior Trim Plate Width: 2-5/8"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" - 3" please specify
- Backset: either 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Distance between Latch Bore to Bottom Mounting Hole: 8-5/8" c.c.
- Emtek 4817 Specifications (PDF)
- Emtek Tubular Entryset Template Specifications (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob/lever operates the latch.