Precision PLS24PRO, Heavy Duty Silent Concealed Magnetic Catch
This is a silent magnetic catch that makes keeping problematic doors such as double sliding doors shut easy. This Concealed Magnetic Catch is easy to install, simply drill a 15/16 inch hole 3/8 inches deep in both the door and the frame and screw in the catch. The package includes 4 shims that allow you to change the distance between the two magnets in order to adjust the holding strength. The Heavy Duty Concealed Magnetic Catch is suitable for full size doors. Unlike a roller or ball catch, the Precision Concealed Magnetic Door Catch does not have a latch noise when opening and shutting door and is completely concealed when door closed with no unsightly protruding strike plate lip.
Also Available Precision PLS12PRO 12mm Concealed Magnetic Catch
Features and Specifications of the Precision Concealed Magnetic Door Catch:
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Satin Stainless Steel
- Steel Housing Cup Mortise Cut-Out: 15/16" holes 3/8" deep.
- Can be used anywhere a roller or ball catch would normally be fitted.
- No latch noise when opening and shutting door.
- Not visible when the door is closed.
- Easy to install.
- Adjustable Magnet Strength: Magnetic holding strength can be adjusted by inserting power adjustment packers inside housing and under magnet as needed.
- Comes packaged with foam impact absorption pads to reduce impact noise and bouncing of door on frame when shutting the door.
- Precision PLS24 Installation Diagram (PDF)
Comes packaged with 2 magnetic catches, 4 power adjustment packers, installation hardware, and dampening pads. This complete set has a self adhesive cover for a clean look. The 4 power adjustment packers range from 0.5mm - 3mm thick; they incrementally adjust the distance between the magnets so you can tune the strength of the pull.