Baldwin 85390, Modern Minneapolis Handleset
The Minneapolis Sectional Handleset was made to grace the big city; but even if you don't live in the urban jungle, this modern handleset is perfect to bring the glamour of Minneapolis to any home. It is available as a single cylinder handleset which means that it has a keyed lock on the outside and a thumb turn on the inside. It features an easy installation, it has an adjustable backset for 2-3/4 inches or 2-3/8 inches for a door thickness of 1-3/4 inches.
This Baldwin Tubular Entrance Trim Set is designed for easy installation for standard pre-drilled wood or metal doors. It is fully reversible to accommodate all door conditions. Forged out of solid brass, it is built to last and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty to assure that it meets the Baldwin standards of excellence.
Features of the Baldwin 85390 Minneapolis Entrance Set:
- Entrance handle, cylinder collar, lever, rose and turn piece are manufactured from solid forged brass for maximum strength and durability.
- Estate locksets are designed for easy installation in standard pre-bored wood or metal doors.
- Locksets accommodate a door thickness of 1-3/4”. Conversion kit available for 2” and 2-1/4” thick doors at an additional charge.
- Deadbolt and latch case are formed of steel for strength. Most interior working parts are made of solid brass or steel for maximum strength and smooth operation.
- Adjustable backset 2-3/8” or 2-3/4” latch and deadbolt supplied standard.
- Deadbolt and latch supplied with a 1” face plate
- Deadbolt is furnished with a steel reinforcing strike, two 3” security jamb screws and is covered with an armored front to conceal the fasteners and guard against theft.
- Latches are supplied standard with a full lip strike.
- Solid brass deadbolt has 1” throw when extended and a hardened steel insert for maximum protection and security.
- Solid brass latch bolt has a 1/2” throw when extended to fully engage the door jamb.
- Cylinder: Cylinder supplied with 5-pin keying.
- Keys are designed with a 1-1/4” wide bow surface.
- Fully Reversible to accommodate most door conditions and facilitate installation
- Lockset accommodates any latch to deadbolt center to center measurement greater than 4-3/8”
- Designed to fit 2-1/8” face bore with no additional hardware.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, operation and PVD (003) polished brass finish.
Specifications of the Contemporary Tubular Minneapolis Handleset:
- Interior Trim: 5162 Lever
- Exterior Deadbolt Length: 2-5/8" square
- Exterior Top Plate Height: 3-5/8"
- Exterior Top Plate Width: 2-5/8"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Height: 2-5/8"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Width: 1-29/32"
- Exterior Overall Projection: 2-23/32"
- Interior Deadbolt Rosette Length: 2-5/8" square
- Interior Lever Rosette Length: 2-21/32" square
- Interior Lever Length: 4-15/32"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4"
- Backset: 2-3/4" or 2-3/8"
- Deadbolt to Latch Spacing: 5-1/4" center to center
- Baldwin 85390 Minneapolis Sectional Handleset Specifications (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the entrance set latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the interior, the lever operates the latch as well as the deadbolt for immediate egress.