Global ED-VR531-AL Surface Vertical Rod Alarm Exit Device
Surface mounted vertical rod touch bar rim exit device with alarm is for use on hollow metal or wood doors where there is no projection on the door face. A Grade 1 (Highest Grade) Touch Bar Rim Exit Device, sutiable for heavy duty industrial and commercial doors. For use on single or double door applications.
These alarm vertical rod exit devices are non-handed for 36" wide doors. The latches, springs and (2) guides are made from long lasting high strength stainless steel. These exit devices are listed by U.L./U.L.C. and comply with U.L. 10C and UBC 7-2 (1997) for positive pressure.
For 36" wide doors it comes packaged with a EAK500 Alarm Kit. EMERGENCY-EXIT ONLY, ALARM WILL SOUND sticker is included (field applied).
Features and Specifications of the Global ED-ED531ALARM-AL Alarm Exit Device:
- Material: Powder Coated Steel push bar, stainless steel springs
- Finish: Aluminum
- Latch: Top pullman type, Bottom bolt assembly
- Vertical Rods: 1/2" OD round tubing.
- Backset: 2-3/4" Will cover 161 door prep.
- Strike: Top - surface mounted rim type, Bottom - flat round mortise or into threshold
- Projection: 2-1/4"
- Stile: 3" minimum
- Handing: Reversible, non-handed
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" up to 2"
- Door Width: 36"
- Door Height: 7' standard. Add ED-ROD12 1 Foot Extension for 8' doors.
- Mounting Height: Recommended installation at 40" from finished floor to center line of push rail
- Fasteners: Furnished with sheet metal and machine screws
- Dogging: 1/2" of a turn 7/32" hex key
- UL Listed: 12PJ SA 32524
- ANSI A156.3 Grade 1
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Microprocessor-based alarm board
- Includes key mortise lock to activate or inactivate the alarm
- When armed, alarm sounds immediately upon rail depression
- Free entry allowed based on exterior trim being used
- Battery powered (9V battery - not included)
- Alarm volume 103 dB at 8 feet
- UL Listed
Available Exterior Trim:
- Rim Cylinder Lock: Night Latch Function (ANSI F03) - Unlatch (Open) door from exterior with Key. Key removable only when locked.
- Pull Plate with Rim Lock Cylinder: Night Latch Function (ANSI F03) - Unlatch (Open) door from exterior with Key. Key removable only when locked.
- Pull Plate: Dummy Function - Used as a door pull only.
- Keyed Classroom Lever: Classroom Function (ANSI F08) - Outside lever locked and unlocked by Key. ADA compliant Lever.
- Keyed Storeroom Lever: Storeroom Function (ANSI F09) - Outside entrance by lever only when released by key (Lever only opens door when the key is turned). Key removable only when locked. ADA compliant Lever.
- Passage Lever: Passage Function (ANSI F14) - Outside entrance by lever for doors that don't need locking. ADA compliant Lever.
- Keyed Classroom Ball Knob: Classroom Function (ANSI F08) - Outside lever locked and unlocked by Key.
- Thumb Lift Classroom Handleset: Classroom Function (ANSI F08) - Thumb Lift locked and unlocked by Key.