Global 501 Series Alarmed Touch Bar Rim Exit Device
Touch Bar Rim Exit Device with Alarm is for use on hollow metal or wood doors where there is no projection on the door face. A Grade 1 (Highest Grade) Touch Bar Rim Exit Device, sutiable for heavy duty commercial and industrial applications.
For 36" wide doors it comes packaged with a EAK500 Alarm Kit. EMERGENCY-EXIT ONLY, ALARM WILL SOUND sticker is included (field applied).
These exit devices are non-handed for doors 36" wide. The latch and springs are made from long lasting high strength stainless steel. These exit devices are listed by U.L./U.L.C. and comply with U.L. 10C and UBC 7-2 (1997) for positive pressure.
Features and Specifications of the Alarm Push Bar Exit Device:
- Material: Powder Coated Steel push bar, stainless steel springs
- Finish: Aluminum
- Latch: Stainless Steel, 3/4" throw - 5/8" deadlatch
- Backset: 2-3/4" Covers 161 prep, includes latch & strike filler plates
- Strike: Surface mounted for 5/8" stop with shim
- Projection: 2-1/4"
- Stile: 3" minimum
- Handing: Reversible, non-handed
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" up to 2"
- Door Width: 36"
- Mounting Height: Recommended installation at 41" from finished floor to center line of push rail
- Fasteners: Furnished with sheet metal and machine screws
- UL Listed: 12PJ SA 32524
- Grade 1
- Warranty: 1 Years
- Microprocessor-based alarm board
- Includes key mortise lock to activate or inactivate the alarm
- When armed, alarm sounds immediately upon rail depression
- Free entry allowed based on exterior trim being used
- Tamper resistant latching (deadlocking stainless latch bolt)
- Battery powered (9V battery - not included)
- Alarm volume 103 dB at 8 feet
- UL Listed
Available Exterior Trim:
- Rim Cylinder Lock: Night Latch Function (ANSI F03) - Unlatch (Open) door from exterior with Key. Key removable only when locked.
- Pull Plate with Rim Lock Cylinder: Night Latch Function (ANSI F03) - Unlatch (Open) door from exterior with Key. Key removable only when locked.
- Pull Plate: Dummy Function - Used as a door pull only.
- Keyed Classroom Lever: Classroom Function (ANSI F08) - Outside lever locked and unlocked by Key. ADA compliant Lever.
- Keyed Storeroom Lever: Storeroom Function (ANSI F09) - Outside entrance by lever only when released by key (Lever only opens door when the key is turned). Key removable only when locked. ADA compliant Lever.
- Passage Lever: Passage Function (ANSI F14) - Outside entrance by lever for doors that don't need locking. ADA compliant Lever.
- Keyed Classroom Ball Knob: Classroom Function (ANSI F08) - Outside lever locked and unlocked by Key.
- Thumb Lift Classroom Handleset: Classroom Function (ANSI F08) - Thumb Lift locked and unlocked by Key.