Norton 1601 Door Closer
Norton 1601 door closers provide narrow styling and installation versatility. Specially designed for Utility and Storefront door use. They have clean, distinct lines that blend well with aluminum doors and frames found on storefront doors, yet they make an attractive installation on wood or metal doors.
Norton 1601 closers are non-handed and easy to install. Tri-Packed - Can be installed Regular Arm, Top Jamb, or Parallel Arm on either right or left hand doors.
Adjustable Sweep Speed: An independent regulation valve, hex-key operated, permits adjustment of the general closing speed. Adjustable Latch Speed: An independent regulating valve, hex-key operated, permits adjustment of the doors speed for approximately the last 10-degrees of the closing cycle.
Also available: Norton 1601BF Barrier Free (size 1-4)
Specifications and Features: for Norton 1601 Door Closer
- Adjustable closing speed
- Adjustable latching speed
- Adjustable Back Check
- Aluminum Alloy Shell
- All Weather Fluid
- Closer Body Length: 9-7/8"
- Horizontal Mounting Holes: 9-1/16"
- Vertical Mounting Holes: 3/4"
- Maximum Door Weight: 258 lbs
- Maximum Door Size: 48" interior / 42" exterior
- Non Handed
- All standard arm applications allow doors to
swing 180°, conditions permitting
- ANSI/BHMA A156.4
- Grade 1 Certified
- UL10C Compliant for Positive Pressure
- 10 Year Limited Warranty
- Optional Hold Open Arm
- Spring Size: Adjustable 3 - 6
- Norton 1601 Information Sheets (PDF)
NOTE: the standard arm shown in the upper right product image is included.
You can also add an optional Hold Open Arm if desired.