ABH 2300, Surface Mounted Electromagnetic Door Holder
The ABH 2300 Wall Mount has a 4-1/8 inch total projection from wall to the face of the door. Electromagnetic Door Holders like this one are typically used on fire / smoke barrier doors in conjunction with fire alarm systems and a door closer. Durring a non-emergency situation--when the fire alarm is not triggered--the door is held in the open position by a magnet. By itself, it has about 35 lbs. of holding force so the door can be closed manually. When the fire alarm system is triggered, power to the electromagnet cuts off so that a door closer can then close the door. This system has been approved by both the California Fire Marshall and the City of New York's MEA index set by the Department of Buildings. The Surface Wall Mount Electromagnetic Door Holder can also be used on private offices to hold the door open until it is released by a remote switch.
Features of the ABH Manufacturing 2300 Surface Mount Electromagnetic Door Holder:
- UL and ULC listed for smoke barrier or labeled fire doors.
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 1
- Power failure automatically releases the door.
- 35 lbs. holding force.
- Tri-Voltage: can be wired for 12 VDC, 24 VAC/DC, or 120 VAC with a battery back-up.
- Easy wire installation with quick insert connector.
- Armature has 2 pivot points, which have 360 degree mobility to help with door alignment.
- All metal construction.
- Comes packaged with all mounting hardware and a 1" extension rod.
- 2 year limited warranty.
Specifications of the Surface Mounted Electric Door Holder: