Adams Rite MS1861-02, Two-Point Locking Deadbolt for Bottom Rail of Store Doors
The Dual Locking Bottom Rail Deadbolt is usually used on storefront doors where the stile does not have enough room for a standard vertical lock or on glass doors that don't have a stile at all. Instead, this deadbolt is installed on the bottom of a door and locks into the threshold with another bolt that can be used to increase security by locking at two places or to secure double doors together. A Grade 1 Lock, it accepts standard 1-5/32 inch diameter Mortise Thumbturns and Mortise Lock Cylinders.
Also Available Narrow Stile Bottom Rail Deadlock
Features of the MS1861 Bottom Rail Deadbolt:
- ANSI Grade 1 Lock.
- Key can be removed only when bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position.
- The Bottom Rail Deadbolt can be used with with any standard 1-5/32” mortise cylinder from either (or both) sides. The Cylinder must have MS dimensioned cam.
- The case is made from steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
- Bolts are made from hardened steel.
- Comes packaged with machine screws. Cylinders and/or thumbturns are Sold Separately.
Specifications of the MS1861-02 Bottom Rail Deadbolt with Vertical and Horizontal Bolts:
- Finish: Zinc Plated Steel
- Backset: requires placement of cylinder centerline 5-3/4" from nose of door. Cylinder is centered 1-7/8" above bottom edge of door.
- Case Dimensions: Width - 1", Length - 6", Depth - 1-13/16”
- Vertical Latchbolt: Diameter - 3/8", Throw - 13/16"
- Horizontal Latchbolt: Diameter - 3/8", Throw - 1-1/8"
- Adams Rite 1861 Installation Template and Dimensional Diagram (PDF)