Acorn RT5BD / RT5BI, 11 Inch Heart Tip Mortise Handleset
Acorn Manufacturing is very good at making attractive, rustic hardware that looks as if it could have come off a 150 year old door. The 11 Inch Heart Tip Entrance Door Mortise Locksets has a rough black finish that mimics the texture of naturally weathered iron for a truly authentic-looking old world feel. A mortise lockset, it is for doors 1-3/4"- 3" thick with 2-3/4" backsets. It is available in both single cylinder and dummy cylinder functions.
Specifications of the 11 Inch Heart Tip Entrance Door Mortise Lockset:
- Finish: Rough Black Iron
- Exterior Deadbolt Rose Height: 3"
- Exterior Deadbolt Rose Width: 2-3/4"
- Exterior Handleset Length: 11”
- Exterior Handleset Width: 3-3/8”
- Exterior Handleset Projection: 2-3/8"
- Interior Knob Diameter: 2"
- Interior Knob Projection: 2"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard, Optional up to 3" thick doors
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Stile Width: Recommend 4-1/2” with a 4-1/4” minimum.
- Lifetime Finish Warranty
When Selecting a Function:
- Dummy Handleset: Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors it does not latch and does not lock. Blank cylinder and non-functional thumbpiece on the exterior. Non-functional turnpiece on the interior.
- Single Cylinder Handleset: A key operates the deadbolt from the exterior while a thumbturn operates it from the interior. The latch is operated by a knob from the interior and by a thumbpiece from the exterior. Panic Proof: Turning of inside knob will retract both dead-bolt and latchbolt at the same time.
The handing actually refers to the mortise lock, rather than the knob. Click Here to Determine Handing