Acorn WTKBI, Old World Double Cylinder Mortise Handleset
The rough iron finish of the Old World Double Cylinder Mortise Lockset duplicates that found on the ironwork of many old European castles and cathedrals by imitating the texture of naturally weathered of iron; and this mortise handleset is backed by a lifetime no rust warranty. It is perfect for traditional style homes including colonial styles and restoration projects. A double cylinder handleset, the deadbolt is operated by key from the exterior and the interior; the latchbolt underneath the deadbolt is operated by a thumbpiece from the both sides. It is graded for residential doors of average weight and size where handle operation is required for the exterior and for the interior.
Unlike a simple tubular latch, this is a mortise lock. They are extremely durable and have a tighter clearance tolerance. You know it's a mortise lock when you hear that heavy, smooth, solid 'click' when the door closes shut.
Double Cylinder Handleset: The deadbolt is operated by a key from both the exterior and the interior. The latch is operated by a thumbpiece from both the exterior and the interior.
Also Available Matching:
Old World Double Dummy Cylinder Locket
Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Lockset
Features of the Old World Double Cylinder Mortise Lockset:
- For exterior and interior use.
- Heavy gauge plated steel mortise case.
- Anti-friction brass latch bolt.
- The deadbolt is made of brass with hardened steel inserts.
- Package Includes: interior and exterior handle, exterior and interior cylinder, and all necessary mounting hardware.
- Lifetime Finish Warranty
Specification for the Acorn WTKBI Mortise Handleset:
- Finish: Rough Black Iron
- Exterior and Interior Cylinder Rose Length: 2-7/8"
- Exterior and Interior Cylinder Rose Width: 2-1/8"
- Exterior and Interior Handle Length: 10-7/8"
- Exterior and Interior Handle Width: 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard, Optional up to 2-1/2" thick doors
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Mortise: 8” x 1-1/4”
- Case: 6” x 3-5/8” x 15/16”
- Latch Bolt: 3/4” throw
- Deadbolt: 1” throw
- Strike: 4-7/8” ASA
- Thumb Turn Hubs: 3/16” on the diamond.
The handing actually refers to the mortise lock, rather than the knob. Click Here to Determine Handing