Acorn WT3BI, Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Handleset
Everything about the Acorn made Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Lockset seems to draw from the past from the iron material from which it is made, to the black matte finish, and even the ornate styling. This makes it perfect for any traditional style home including colonial styles and restoration projects. The rough iron finish duplicates that found on the ironwork of many old European castles and cathedrals by imitating the texture of naturally weathered of iron. It is graded for residential doors of average weight and size where handle operation is required for the exterior and for the interior. A single cylinder handleset, the deadbolt is operated by key from the exterior and a thumbturn from the interior; while the latchbolt underneath the deadbolt is operated by a thumbpiece from the both sides. This mortise handleset is backed by a lifetime no rust warranty. For doors 1-3/4" to 3" thick.
Unlike a simple tubular latch, this is a mortise lock. They are extremely durable and have a tighter clearance tolerance. You know it's a mortise lock when you hear that heavy, smooth, solid 'click' when the door closes shut.
Single Cylinder Handleset: A key operates the deadbolt from the exterior while a thumbturn operates it from the interior. The latch is operated by a thumbpiece from both the exterior and the interior.
Also Available Matching:
Old World Dummy Locket
Old World Double Cylinder Mortise Lockset
Features of the Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Lockset:
- For exterior and interior use.
- Heavy gauge plated steel mortise case.
- Anti-friction brass latch bolt.
- The deadbolt is made of brass with hardened steel inserts.
- Package Includes: interior and exterior handle, thumbturn, cylinder, and all necessary mounting hardware.
- Lifetime Finish Warranty
Specification for the Acorn WT3BI Mortise Handleset:
- Finish: Rough Black Iron
- Exterior Cylinder Rose Length: 2-7/8"
- Exterior Cylinder Rose Width: 2-1/8"
- Exterior and Interior Handle Length: 10-7/8"
- Exterior and Interior Handle Width: 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard, Optional up to 3" thick doors
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Mortise: 8” x 1-1/4”
- Case: 6” x 3-5/8” x 15/16”
- Latch Bolt: 3/4” throw
- Deadbolt: 1” throw
- Strike: 4-7/8” ASA
- Thumb Turn Hubs: 3/16” on the diamond.
The handing actually refers to the mortise lock, rather than the knob. Click Here to Determine Handing