Acorn WT1BI, Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Handleset
The Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Handle With Knob made by Acorn features an ornate design that draws heavily from years gone by. This makes it perfect for any traditional style home including colonial styles and restoration projects. Everything from the mortise deadbolt's design to the half round iron knob harken back to tradition. It is graded for residential doors of average weight and size where handle operation is required for exterior and knob for interior. This mortise handleset is backed by a lifetime no rust warranty. For doors 1-3/4" - 3" thick. A single cylinder handleset, the deadbolt is operated by key from the exterior and a thumbturn from the interior; while the latchbolt underneath the deadbolt is operated by a turn knob from the interior and a thumbpiece from the exterior.
Unlike a simple tubular latch, this is a mortise lock. They are extremely durable and have a tighter clearance tolerance. You know it's a mortise lock when you hear that heavy, smooth, solid 'click' when the door closes shut.
Single Cylinder Handleset: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the interior, the knob operates the latch and a thumbturn operates the deadbolt.
Also Available Matching:
Old World Dummy Handle With Knob
Half Round Rough Black Iron Knob
Features of the Old World Single Cylinder Mortise Handle With Knob:
- For exterior and interior use.
- Heavy gauge plated steel mortise case.
- Anti-friction brass latch bolt.
- The deadbolt is made of brass with hardened steel inserts.
- Panic Proof: Turning of inside knob will retract both dead-bolt and latchbolt at the same time.
- Package Includes: inside knob, rose, thumbturn, cylinder, outside handle, and all necessary mounting hardware.
- Lifetime Finish Warranty
Specification for the Acorn WT1BI Mortise Handleset:
- Finish: Rough Black Iron
- Exterior Cylinder Rose Length: 2-7/8"
- Exterior Cylinder Rose Width: 2-1/8"
- Exterior Handle Length: 10-7/8"
- Exterior Handle Width: 2-3/4"
- Interior Knob Diameter: 2"
- Interior Rose Length: 2-1/2"
- Interior Rose Width: 1-1/2"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard, Optional up to 3" thick doors
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Mortise: 8” x 1-1/4”
- Case: 6” x 3-5/8” x 15/16”
- Latch Bolt: 3/4” throw
- Deadbolt: 1” throw
- Strike: 4-7/8” ASA
- Thumb Turn Hubs: 3/16” on the diamond.
The handing actually refers to the mortise lock, rather than the knob. Click Here to Determine Handing