Baldwin M512, Boulder Solid Forged Brass Handleset
This 18.72 inch solid forged brass handleset made by Baldwin features a classic styling that makes it the perfect addition to more traditionally styled homes. It is available in a wide array of finishes with either a knob or a lever inside trim so you will be sure to find just the right combination to match your tastes. It will fit 1-3/8 inch or 1-3/4 inch door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2 inches or 2-3/4 inches.
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own homes.
Also Available: Boulder M514 Full Escutcheon Handleset
Features of the Traditional M512 Boulder Door Entrance Handle:
- Solid forged brass for maximum strength and durability.
- Heavy duty steel mortise lock body for a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
- Mortise locks have adjustable forged brass lock fronts, protected by armored scalp fronts for ultimate strength and protection against tampering.
- Forged brass and steel mechanical.
- Locks and strikes fit standard ANSI A115.1 preparation.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Anti friction latch bolt with 3/4” throw.
- 1” throw deadbolt has two hardened steel inserts for maximum protection and security.
- 7mm hub broached on the diamond
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Estates Collection Boulder Handleset:
- Exterior Overall Length: 18-1/2"
- Exterior Top Plate Length: 11-1/4"
- Exterior Top Plate Width: 3"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Length: 3-1/4"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Width: 2-3/8"
- Projection of Outside Grip: 3-7/16"
- Exterior Grip Length: 8" c.c.
- Interior Plate Length: 11-1/4"
- Interior Plate Width: 3"
- Lever Projection (interior): 2.63"
- Knob Projection (interior): 2.98"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" or 1-3/8"
- Backset: 2-1/2" or 2-3/4"
- Mortise Box Specification Sheet (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob/lever operates the latch.
The finish for the inside knob or lever you choose will match the outside finish.