Baldwin 6551 Mortise Reading Entry Set with 5015 Half-Round Knob
Built with the quality you'd expect from Baldwin, the 6551 Reading Estate Collection Entrance Set has a lifetime limited warranty on the workmanship, mechanical operation, and the PVD Polished Brass finish. The classic rectangular design when paired with the 5015 half-round knob make this entry set perfect for traditional homes; and since it will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4", you'll be sure to find just the right one for your doors.
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own products.
Also Available: Matching Baldwin 5000 Half-Round Knobset
Features of the Traditional 6551 Reading Door Entrance Set:
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Made of solid forged brass.
- Heavy-duty mortise lock body.
- Forged brass mechanical.
- One inch throw deadbolt with two hardened inserts.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Comes packaged with two keys.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, operation and PVD Polished Brass finish.
Specifications of the Classic Estate Collection Reading Entryset:
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a knob operates the entrance set latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob operates the latch.