Baldwin 6555, Arched Mortise Boston Entry Set with 5000 Half-Round Knob
The arched ends of the Boston Entry Set grant it a beautiful traditional look that is echoed in the 5000 Half-Round Knob. It is constructed out of solid brass and comes backed with a mechanical lifetime limited warranty. It is finished PVD Polished Brass which also has a lifetime limited warranty. The 6555 Baldwin Entrance Set will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4".
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own products.
Also Available: Matching Baldwin 5000 Half-Round Knobset
Features of the Traditional 6555 Boston Door Entrance Set:
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Made of solid forged brass.
- Heavy-duty mortise lock body.
- Forged brass mechanical.
- One inch throw deadbolt with two hardened inserts.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Comes packaged with two keys.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, operation and finish.
Specifications of the Classic Estate Collection Boston Entryset:
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a knob operates the entrance set latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob operates the latch.
- Double Cylinder: From the exterior, a knob operates entrance set latch; while from the interior, it is operated by a knob. The deadbolt is operated by a key from both the inside and the outside.