Baldwin 6944 Southwest Mortise Pasadena Handleset with 5190 Lever
Baldwin's Pasadena Handleset is strongly reminiscent of southwest decor. The textured plate and square cut-outs give it a rustic look that is unique to the 6944 door entrance set. This mortise handleset will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4". It is available with a dummy set, a single cylinder, or a double cylinder function.
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own homes.
Also Available: Matching Baldwin 5190 Leverset
Features of the 6944 Pasadena Door Entrance Handle:
- Solid forged brass for maximum strength and durability.
- Heavy duty steel mortise lock body for a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
- Mortise locks have adjustable forged brass lock fronts, protected by armored scalp fronts for ultimate strength and protection against tampering.
- Forged brass and steel mechanical.
- Locks and strikes fit standard ANSI A115.1 preparation.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Anti friction latch bolt with 3/4” throw.
- 1” throw deadbolt has two hardened steel inserts for maximum protection and security.
- 7mm hub broached on the diamond
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Ornate Estates Collection Pasadena Handleset:
- Interior Trim: 5190 Lever
- Exterior Plate Length: 19"
- Exterior Plate Width: 3-5/16"
- Exterior Plate Thickness: 3/8"
- Overall Exterior Projection: 2-3/4"
- Interior Plate Length: 13"
- Interior Plate Width: 3-3/8"
- Interior Plate Thickness: 3/8"
- Overall Interior Projection: 3"
- Interior Lever Length: 3-31/32"
- Lever Hub to Turn Piece Length: 2.25"
- Lever Hub to Cylinder Length: 3.437"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" or 1-3/8"
- Backset: 2-1/2" or 2-3/4"
- Pasadena Handleset Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Mortise Box Specification Sheet (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob operates the latch.
- Double Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates handleset latch; while from the interior, it is operated by a knob. The deadbolt is operated by a key from both the inside and the outside.