Baldwin 6562 Contemporary Mortise New York Handleset with 5039 Knob
The modern 6562 New York Handleset features a sleek design with concealed screw mounting. It is available in high quality finishes including Satin Nickel and PVD Polished Brass. The 5039 Ball Knob completes the contemporary look of this Baldwin made door entry set. It will fit 1-3/8 inch or 1-3/4 inch door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2 inches or 2-3/4 inches. The New York Mortise Door Entrance Set is available as single cylinder and dummy set functions.
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own homes.
Also Available: Matching Baldwin Ball Knobset
Features of the Modern 6562 New York Door Entrance Handle:
- Solid forged brass for maximum strength and durability.
- Heavy duty steel mortise lock body for a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
- Mortise locks have adjustable forged brass lock fronts, protected by armored scalp fronts for ultimate strength and protection against tampering.
- Forged brass and steel mechanical.
- Locks and strikes fit standard ANSI A115.1 preparation.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Anti friction latch bolt with 3/4” throw.
- 1” throw deadbolt has two hardened steel inserts for maximum protection and security.
- 7mm hub broached on the diamond
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Modern Estates Collection New York Handleset:
- Interior Trim: 5039 Knob
- Exterior Overall Length: 14"
- Exterior Top Plate Length: 8"
- Exterior Top Plate Width: 1-5/8"
- Exterior Bottom Plate: 1-5/8" square
- Exterior Grip Length: 5-3/4"
- Exterior Plate Thickness: 7/16"
- Overall Exterior Projection: 2-3/16"
- Interior Plate Length: 8"
- Interior Plate Width: 1-5/8"
- Interior Plate Thickness: 7/16"
- Interior Knob Diameter: 2"
- Overall Interior Projection: 2-13/16"
- Knob Hub to Turn Piece Length: 2.25"
- Knob Hub to Cylinder Length: 3.437"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" or 1-3/8"
- Backset: 2-1/2" or 2-3/4"
- New York Handleset Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Mortise Box Specification Sheet (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob operates the latch.