Baldwin 6950 Ornate Mortise Kensington Handleset with 5108 Lever
This solid brass handleset made by Baldwin is as ornate as it gets. Everything from the beautifully shaped 5108 Lever to the wonderfully detailed leaf on the exterior grip exudes a classic elegance. It is available as a dummy set or a single cylinder function. The 6950 Kensington Door Entrance Set will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4".
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own homes.
Also Available: Matching Baldwin 5108 Kensington Leverset
Features of the Fancy 6950 Kensington Door Entrance Handle:
- Solid forged brass for maximum strength and durability.
- Heavy duty steel mortise lock body for a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
- Mortise locks have adjustable forged brass lock fronts, protected by armored scalp fronts for ultimate strength and protection against tampering.
- Forged brass and steel mechanical.
- Locks and strikes fit standard ANSI A115.1 preparation.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Anti friction latch bolt with 3/4” throw.
- 1” throw deadbolt has two hardened steel inserts for maximum protection and security.
- 7mm hub broached on the diamond
- Accessibility Code (ADA) A117.1
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Ornate Estates Collection Kensington Handleset:
- Interior Trim: 5108 Lever
- Exterior Top Plate Length: 12.62"
- Exterior Top Plate Width: 2.5"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Length: 3.53"
- Exterior Bottom Plate Width: 2.5"
- Exterior Plate Thickness: .56"
- Exterior Grip Length: 6.5" center to center
- Overall Exterior Projection: 2.9"
- Interior Plate Length: 12.62"
- Interior Plate Width: 25"
- Interior Plate Thickness: .56"
- Interior Lever Length: 3.9"
- Overall Interior Projection: 2.88"
- Lever Hub to Turn Piece Length: 2.25"
- Lever Hub to Cylinder Length: 3.437"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" - 1-3/4"
- Backset: 2-1/2" or 2-3/4"
- Kensington Handleset Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Mortise Box Specification Sheet (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a lever operates the latch.