Schlage A-Series Orbit Commercial Knob
A classic ball knob, the Schlage Orbit Knob can be used for either commercial or residential use making it an ideal choice for homes, office buildings, apartments, and hotels. It will fit all standard door cut-outs with a 2-3/8", 2-3/4", 3-3/4", or 5" backset. This knobset meets ANSI grade 2 standards and is UL listed for 3-hours fire door. Available in 5 finishes.
Since its invention in 1925, the A-Series continues to be the cornerstone of Schlage's product line by setting the standards of the industry. Worldwide acceptance and use of the A-Series are testimony to the precision and integrity of its design. A-Series locksets are constructed of high strength steel and plated for superior corrosion resistance and maintenance-free performance.
Features of the Schlage A-ORB Orbit Knob:
- Easy installation.
- ANSI 156.2, 1996, Series 4000, Grade 2.
- UL 3 hour fire rated.
- Keyed functions with 6-Pin, C123 keyway.
- Comes Packaged with two keys per lock.
- Concealed mounting screws.
Specifications of the Orbit Schlage Knob:
- Rose Diameter: 2-9/16"
- Knob Projection: 2-7/8"
- Knob Diameter: 2-1/8"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 1-7/8"
- Backset: 2-3/8" (60 mm), 2-3/4" (70 mm), 3-3/4" (95 mm) and 5" (127 mm) backset latches available.
When Selecting a Function:
- Passage (ANSI F75): Latching only, both knobs always unlocked.
- Exit Lock: A blank plate on the outside. Inside knob always unlocked.
- Privacy (ANSI F76): Locked by the use of a push-button located on the inside knob. Outside emergency unlocking with screwdriver (not included). Turning inside knob or closing door releases button. Inside knob is alway free for immediate egress.
- Patio Lock (ANSI F77): Push-button locking. Turning inside knob or closing the door releases button to prevent lock-out.
- Classroom Lock (ANSI F84): Outside knob locked and unlocked by key. Inside knob is always unlocked and free for immediate egress.
- Entrance Lock (ANSI F109): Pushing and turning the button on the inside knob locks outside knob. The use of key to enter from the outside is required until button is manually unlocked. On the other hand, just pushing the button on the inside knob and not turning it, locks the outside knob until it is unlocked by a key from the exterior or by turning the inside knob. Inside knob is always unlocked and free for immediate egress.
- Storeroom Lock (ANSI F86): The outside knob is fixed. Entrance from the outside is done only by the use of a key. The inside knob is always unlocked and free for immediate egress.