Baldwin 8231, Grade 1 Low Profile Traditional Deadbolt
With just a 1/2 inch cylinder projection, this single cylinder deadbolt is a low profile door lock good for tight spaces and a clean appearance once installed. A piece in the Baldwin Images Collection, this Traditional Deadbolt features a decorative thumbturn and a steeped faceplate that gives it that classic look that is versatile. It meets ANSI Grade 1 qualifications which is the highest grade available. It has an adjustable backset for 2-3/8 inches or 2-3/4 inches. It will fit 2-1/8 inch door preparations on 1-3/4 inch thick doors.
You'll find the quality, peace of mind and beauty you expect from Baldwin in every lock. A heavy gauge steel deadbolt case with solid brass working parts gives this ANSI Grade 1, the highest level security, door lock both strength and durability that is backed by a lifetime limited mechanical warranty.
Single Cylinder Deadbolt: the bolt is thrown and retracted by a key from the exterior or by a thumbturn from the interior.
Traditional Double Cylinder Deadbolt For 2-1/8" Door Preparations
Traditional Single Cylinder Deadbolt For 1-5/8" Door Preparations
Features of the Baldwin 8231 Traditional Single Cylinder Door Lock:
- Grade 1: Meets ANSI A156.5 testing.
- Material: Heavy gage steel deadbolt case with solid brass working parts.
- Brass construction 1" throw with steel insert.
- Cylinders: Solid brass with free turning cylinder guard.
- Strike: Reinforced with 3" screws.
- .600" x .770" x 1" throw when extended.
- Hardened Steel insert for maximum security.
- Limited Lifetime Mechanical Warranty
Specifications of the Single Cylinder Deadbolt:
- Fits 2-1/8" diameter cutouts
- Backset: adjustable for 2-3/8 or 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4"
- Rose Projection: low profile 1/2" cylinder
- Steel case: .960" diameter x 3.312" or 3.75" extended
- Front: .156" x 1" x 2.25"