Kwikset 785, Double Cylinder Grade 2 Deadbolt
Made by Kwikset, the 785 double cylinder deadbolt is an ANSI/BHMA A156.2 grade 2 security lock. The double cylinder function means that there is a keyed lock on both the exterior and the interior. Adjustable backset for 2-3/8" and 2-3/4". It is made of solid brass; and it is available in 8 finishes that are all highly resistant to tarnishing and are backed by a Lifetime warranty.
Also available: Matching
Kwikset 780 Single Cylinder Deadbolt.
Features of the Kwikset Double Cylinder Deadbolt:
- ANSI/BHMA A156.2 Grade 2 Security
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping.
- 6 pin cylinder locks.
- Free spinning cylinder.
- Anti-pry shield.
- 1" deadbolt throw with stainless steel bolt.
- Sold as complete set.
- Easy to install.
- Manufacture Lifetime Mechanical & Finish Warranty.
Specifications of the Grade 2 Deadbolt:
- Exterior Diameter: 2-5/8"
- Exterior Projection: 1-5/32"
- Interior Diameter: 2-5/8"
- Interior Projection: 1-5/32"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4"
- Backset: adjustable for both 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Fits 2-1/8" or 1-1/2" Crossbore Hole
- Standard 1" x 2-1/4" Square Corner Strike Plate
Double Cylinder Deadbolt: Deadbolt thrown or retracted on both the inside and the outside by a key. Since it is keyed on both sides of the door, it is typically used on entry doors with glass near the lock to prevent thieves from breaking the glass and unlocking the deadbolt using a thumbturn.