NGP HD5400-83, Half Surface Continuous Geared Hinge 3/32" Door Inset for 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" Doors
This 83" long half surface Continuous Gear Hinge is normally used on door retrofit and renovations but also used in new construction when door mortising is not practical. No hinge reinforcement necessary except on extremely heavy, extremely high frequency or extra wide doors
A Continuous Geared Hinge consists of two full-height, paired and geared leafs. Each geared leaf rotates evenly from top to bottom, riding on teflon infused, self-lubricating, and wear resistant bearings. The geared leafs and bearings are held together by a full length channel cap. This assembly retains the smooth, clean lines of the door and frame, while easily supporting heavy vertical loads. National Guard Products Continuous Gear Hinges are made of 6063 T6 Anodized Aluminum with interlocking extrusions and packaged complete with mounting hardware.
Features of the HD5400 Continuous Hinge 83 Inch 1/2 Surface:
- ANSI/BHMA certified to A156.26 American National Standard for Continuous Hinges: Grade 1 - 150 lb. door / Grade 1 - 600 lb. door
- Fire-rated 90 minute on hollow metal (except steel stiffened) or wood door leafs up to 4'0" x 7'2".
- Specially designed involute intermeshing gears.
Specifications for the Half Surface Continuous Geared Hinge:
- Hinge Length: 83"
- Hinge Material: 6063-T6 Aluminum
- Non Handed
- Maximum Door Height: 6'-10" (83")
- Hinge Type: Half Surface Continuous Gear Hinge
- Maximum Load Capacity: 600 lb
- Door Leaf Width: 1-5/8"
- Door Leaf Thickness: 0.125"
- Frame Leaf Width: 1 -15/16"
- Frame Leaf Thickness: 0.125"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" to 2-1/4"
- Packaged with Installation Hardware
- Frame leaf: #12-24 TEK flat head MS
- Door leaf: #12-24 TEK pan head MS and 1/4"-20 thru-bolts
- NGP HD5400 Cutsheet (PDF)
- NGP HD5400 Installation Instructions (PDF)
- NGP HD5400 Template (PDF)
Sold individually (1 Hinge Set - For 1 Door).