Door Hardware Help Center
• Door Closers
Door Closer Mounting Holes Chart:
Find a Direct Fit Replacement for your overhead door closer
• Door Hinges
Door Hinge Replacement Guide:
This article contains information plus trade tips and tricks
Door Hinge Corners:
How to quickly determine your door hinge Corner Radius
Door Hinge Size:
How they are sized and the proper size for your door
Door Hinge Material:
What are your choices and which to choose
Pivot Hinge Guide:
The different types of pivot hinges and their uses.
Single Action Door Spring Hinge Adjustment:
How to install and properly adjust a spring door hinge.
Double Action Spring Hinge Installation:
How to install double acting spring hinges for single and double doors.
Bommer Double Action Spring Hinge Selection:
Selecting the proper size double acting spring hinge
for your doors size and weight.
Bommer Spring Pivots:
How To Reactivate Spring Tension for Bommer Spring Pivot Hinges.
Continuous Gear Hinges:
What is a continuous gear hinge? Learn about the benefits and different types.
How to Fix a Sagging Door:
How to use a Reinforcement Hinge to fix a sagging door or prevent door sag.
• Door Locksets
How to Order Door Knobs, Levers and Handlesets: How
to determine door Handing, Backset and the different door Lock Functions
• Door Pulls
Mounting Styles for a Door Pulls: The difference between Mounting Hardware Types
and when each is used.
• Pocket Door Hardware
How to Select Pocket Door Hardware:
Selecting the right pocket door hardware
is a pretty simple process once you understand the basics.
• Lock Keying Service
We offer Lock Keying including
Master keying, Grandmaster keying and Construction
keying as well as keyed alike locks.
• Door Stops and Bumpers
Magnetic Door Stops
and magnetic door holders, when and where to use them.
Hold Open Door Stops:
The different types of door stops that will positively hold doors in the open position.
How to Choose the Best Deadbolt:
What the ANSI Grades, UL listed, and the different funtions pertaining to deadbolts mean.
Flush Bolts and Surface Bolts:
The differences between Flush and Surface Mounted Door Bolts and thier applications.
• Door Knockers
Door Knocker Dimention Chart by Center to Center:
Find a replacement door knocker by matching up exisiting center to center hole measurments.
• General Door Hardware
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
ADA Compliant Door Hardware: What is
ADA and does it affect your hardware choice
• Door Locks and Latches - FAQ's
- Q. How do I determine the handing for a lock?
- Q. What is a reversible lock?
- Q. What is Backset and how do I determine the backset for a door lock?
- Q. What do the different lock functions mean?
- Q. What is a active and inactive door in a set of double doors (pair of doors)?
- Q. What is the thickness of a standard door?
- Q. What do the keying options on your web site mean?
- Q. What is the meaning of a single and double cylinder?
- Q. What is a tubular latch or tubular lock?
- Q. What is a dead locking latch bolt?
- Q. What is a mortise latch or mortise lock?
- Q. What is a strike?
• Door Closers - FAQ's
Door Hardware Design Ideas
- Q. What is an ADA compliant door closer?
- Q. Why can't I find door closer hinges in your door closer section?
- Q. I see some of your door closers say they are tri-packed. What does this mean?
- Q. I want to install a new over head door closer and I'm not sure what method to use. What are the benefits of each method?
- Q. What is back check?
- Q. What is sweep speed control?
- Q. What is the latch speed?
- Q. What is a Hold Open or Hold Open Arm?
- Q. I need to replace my door closer and I don't want to drill more holes
in my door. How can I find a closer that will bolt up to the existing holes?
- Q. What does the power or spring size of the closer mean?
Read our latest door hardware news articles featuring the popular
Omnia #12 Door Lever,
The Beauty of Strap Hinges
Door Pulls an alternative to Handlesets for your entryway doors..