ADA Compliant Full Cover Surface Mount Closer
The American Eagle 5501 Series features full rack and pinion construction, heavy duty cast aluminum alloy closer body, and stamped flat style arm assembly. Hydraulic control is achieved through separate hex-key non-critical sweep, latch and backcheck adjustments.
The 5501 Surface Mount Grade 1 Door Closer is non-handed and tri-packed for regular, top jamb, and parallel arm applications.
Package complete with fasteners for wood or metal doors and frames. Sex nuts and bolts are also furnished standard.
The 5501 is listed by U.L./U.L.C., complies with UL 10C and UBC 7-2 (1997) for positive pressure and conforms to the requirements of ANSI A156.4 Grade 1.
Also Available this ADA Compliant Surface Mount Closer in Polished Chrome
Specifications and Features for the PDQ 5501-BCPA Commercial Door Closer:
- Adjustable closing speed
- Adjustable latching speed
- Adjustable Back Check
- Cast Aluminum Alloy Shell
- Horizontal Mounting Holes: 12"
- Vertical Mounting Holes: 3/4"
- Maximum Door Weight: 258 lbs
- Maximum Door Size: 58" interior / 54" exterior
- Grade 1 (Highest Grade)
- UL 10C Approved (UL US Listed 63Z0)
- Spring Size: Adjustable 1-6
- Tri packed for regular, top jamb or parallel arm mounting
- ADA Compliant
- 25 Year Warranty
- Meets the requirements of the Buy American Act
- 5501-BCPA Installation Instructions (PDF)
The 5501 is ADA Compliant offering adjustable spring power sizes 1 - 6 for use on interior doors requiring less than 5 lbs. of opening force and exterior doors requiring less than 8.5 lbs.