DETEX V40EB62836 36" Alarm Rim Device
Alarm exit device for areas requiring a stand alone alarm on outward swing doors. This panic exit device has an integrated alarm in the push rail to discourage the unauthorized use of emergency exit doors. The built in alarm sounds immediately upon exit alerting management to the unauthorized exit. Ideal for primary or secondary exit doors, or any door where security is a concern.
The exit device touch pad is labeled "PUSH TO OPEN - ALARM WILL SOUND".
For wood, fiberglass and hollow metal doors. Listed by U.L./U.L.C. and comply with U.L. 10C and UBC 7-2 (1997) for positive pressure. ANSI/BHMA, A156.3 2001 Exit Devices. Non-handed. reversible for left or right hand doors.
Specifications for DETEX V40EB62836 Alarm Rim Device
- Rail: Heavy duty ribbed extruded aluminum
- Touch Pad: 18-1/8" wide
- Latch Bolt: Stainless steel dead locking with 3/4" throw
- Projection: 3-1/4” projection / 2-1/2” projection when depressed
- Hand: Device is non-handed
- Lock Cylinder: Requires 1-1/4" Mortise cylinder (Cylinder sold separate).
- Dogging: 1/8 turn cylinder dogging (Cylinder sold separate)
- Stile Width: 4-1/4" minimum
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" - 2-1/4"
- Door Width: Standard for 3'0" door (36" wide door)
- Certifications: U.L./U.L.C. listed for “Panic”, “Fire Exit hardware” labeled for up to 3 hour for 4’0” x 10’0” maximum single and pairs / Complies with U.L. 10C and UBC 7.2 (1997). ANSI/BHMA Certified Grade 1, A156.3 2001 Exit Devices.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Ten (10) year limited warranty mechanical components / Three (3) year limited electrical components
- Microprocessor-based alarm board
- When armed, alarm sounds immediately upon rail depression
- Tamper resistant latching (deadlocking stainless latch bolt)
- Battery powered (9V battery - not included)
- Alarm volume 100 dB
- Visible and audible arming indicators.
- Field selectable rearm or 2 minute auto rearm
- UL Listed
*Note: Mortise cylinder sold separate. Uses 1-1/4" mortise cylinder with Standard Yale style cam.