Acorn IW2BD / IW2BI, Egg Knob 16" Mortise Cylinder Lockset
The traditional styling of Acorn's Mortise Cylinder Locket can be seen in every detail from the egg knob interior trim, to the black iron finish. This entryset is crafted by skilled artisans, using old world techniques of the hammer and anvil. Egg Knob 16" Mortise Cylinder Handleset is available in either single cylinder or dummy functions for doors 1-3/4" to 3" thick with 2-3/4" backsets.
Also Available Matching: Forged Iron Egg Knob
Features of the Egg Knob 16" Mortise Cylinder Handleset:
- For exterior and interior use.
- Heavy gauge plated steel mortise case.
- Anti-friction brass latch bolt.
- The deadbolt is made of brass with hardened steel inserts.
- Lifetime Finish Warranty
Specifications for the Acorn Iron Art Mortise Cylinder Entryset:
- Finish: Rough Black Iron
- Exterior Plate Height: 16"
- Exterior Plate Width: 2-3/8"
- Exterior Handle Projection: 2-3/8"
- Interior Plate Height: 9-7/8"
- Interior Plate Width: 2-3/8"
- Interior Knob Height: 2-1/2"
- Interior Knob Width: 1-1/2"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard, Optional up to 3" thick doors
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Stile Width: Recommend 4-1/2” with a 4-1/4” minimum.
When Selecting a Function:
- Dummy Handleset: Blank trim for non-working doors that does not have a turnpiece or a cylinder. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder Handleset: A key operates the deadbolt from the exterior while a thumbturn operates it from the interior. The latch is operated by a knob from both the exterior and the interior. Panic Proof: Turning of inside knob will retract both dead-bolt and latchbolt at the same time.
The handing actually refers to the mortise lock, rather than the knob. Click Here to Determine Handing
Due to the handmade craftsman nature of this product, all dimensions are approximate. DO NOT DRILL ANY HOLES until you have the actual pieces to be mounted.