Acorn IW4BI / IW4BD, Egg Knob Mortise Cylinder Lockset
The arched ends of the Egg Knob Mortise Cylinder Entryset gives it a classic feel. That along with the egg knob makes this handleset perfect for traditional homes. It has a rough black finish that mimics the texture of weathered iron for an old world touch. A mortise lock, it is for 1-3/4" to 3" thick doors with a 2-3/4" backset.
Also Available Matching: Forged Iron Egg Knob
Features of the Egg Knob Mortise Cylinder Entryset:
- For exterior and interior use.
- Heavy gauge plated steel mortise case.
- Anti-friction brass latch bolt.
- The deadbolt is made of brass with hardened steel inserts.
- Lifetime Finish Warranty
Specifications for the Acorn Iron Art Mortise Cylinder Handleset:
- Finish: Rough Black Iron
- Height: 9-7/8"
- Width: 2-3/8"
- Projection: 2-1/2"
- Knob Height: 2-1/2"
- Knob Width: 1-1/2"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard, Optional up to 3" thick doors
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Stile Width: Recommend 4-1/2” with a 4-1/4” minimum.
When Selecting a Function:
- Dummy Handleset: Blank trim for non-working doors that does not have a turnpiece or a cylinder. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder Handleset: A key operates the deadbolt from the exterior while a thumbturn operates it from the interior. The latch is operated by a knob from both the exterior and the interior. Panic Proof: Turning of inside knob will retract both dead-bolt and latchbolt at the same time.
The handing actually refers to the mortise lock, rather than the knob. Click Here to Determine Handing
Due to the handmade craftsman nature of this product, all dimensions are approximate. DO NOT DRILL ANY HOLES until you have the actual pieces to be mounted.