Baldwin 6938, Seaside Mortise Mobile Entry Set with 5117 Seashell Lever
This Baldwin Entrance Set will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4". It is made out of solid brass and is backed by a lifetime limited warranty. The Aged Brass finish grants this ornate entry set an antique feel that serves only to enhance its grandeur. Made by Baldwin, the 6938 Mobile Entryset is perfect for even the most lavish ocean side homes; but it is also good for those places not so close to the beach where a flowing and elegant look is desired.
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residentail mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own products.
Also Available: Matching Solid Brass Ornate Leverset
Features of the Traditional 6938 Mobile Door Entrance Set:
- Accessibility Code (ADA) A117.1
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Made of solid forged brass.
- Heavy-duty mortise lock body.
- Forged brass mechanical.
- One inch throw deadbolt with two hardened inserts.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Comes packaged with two keys.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Ornate Estate Collection Mobile Entryset:
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the entrance set latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a lever operates the latch.
- Emergency Egress Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the entrance set latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the interior, the lever operates the latch as well as the deadbolt for immediate egress.
- Double Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates entrance set latch; while from the interior, it is operated by a lever. The deadbolt is operated by a key from both the inside and the outside.