Baldwin 6557 Classic Mortise Richmond Handleset with 5005 Canterbury Knob
The Richmond Handleset made by Baldwin is the perfect way to bring a little grandeur from the old world to your home. The fancy piked edges along with the 5005 Canterbury knob complete the elegant yet strong statement of this 6557 Door Entrance Set. It is available with either a single cylinder or a dummy function. It will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4".
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own products.
Also Available: Matching 5020 Canterbury Knobset
Features of the Traditional 6557 Richmond Door Entrance Handle:
- Solid forged brass for maximum strength and durability.
- Heavy duty steel mortise lock body for a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
- Mortise locks have adjustable forged brass lock fronts, protected by armored scalp fronts for ultimate strength and protection against tampering.
- Forged brass and steel mechanical.
- Locks and strikes fit standard ANSI A115.1 preparation.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Anti friction latch bolt with 3/4” throw.
- 1” throw deadbolt has two hardened steel inserts for maximum protection and security.
- 7mm hub broached on the diamond
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Ornate Estates Collection Richmond Handleset:
- Interior Trim: 5005 Knob
- Exterior Plate Length: 20.5"
- Exterior Plate Width: 3"
- Exterior Plate Thickness: .093"
- Exterior Grip Length: 8" center to center"
- Overall Exterior Projection: 2.3"
- Interior Plate Length: 12"
- Interior Plate Width: 2"
- Interior Plate Thickness: .1"
- Interior Knob Diameter: 2"
- Overall Interior Projection: 1.9"
- Knob Hub to Turn Piece Length: 2.25"
- Knob Hub to Cylinder Length: 3.437"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" - 1-3/4"
- Backset: 2-1/2" or 2-3/4"
- Richmond Handleset Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Mortise Box Specification Sheet (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob operates the latch.