Baldwin 6564 Classic Mortise Princeton Handleset with 5072 Knob
Made of solid brass, this Baldwin made Princeton Handleset features ornate styling making it the perfect way to add ornamentation to any home without being too gaudy. It is available in either PVD Polished Brass or Oil Rubbed Bronze finishes, both of which accentuate the classic beauty of the 6564 Mortise Handleset. It will fit 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" door thicknesses and with backsets of 2-1/2" or 2-3/4". The Princeton Mortise Door Entrance Set is available as either a single cylinder or a dummy set.
Mortise locks have been, and still are, the established norm for Europe and much of the rest of the world. In the early 1960’s Baldwin brought residential mortise locks to America. They ‘founded’ the residential mortise industry and continue to be the leader – so much so that their competitors have bought Baldwin locks for their own products.
Also Available: Matching 5072 Melon Knobset
Features of the Traditional 6564 Princeton Door Entrance Handle:
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use on fire doors up to three-hour rating.
- Made of solid forged brass.
- Heavy-duty mortise lock body.
- Forged brass mechanical.
- One inch throw deadbolt with two hardened inserts.
- Reinforced steel security strike with three inch screws.
- Comes packaged with two keys.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on workmanship, materials, and operation.
Specifications of the Ornate Estates Collection Princeton Handleset:
- Interior Trim: 5072 Knob
- Exterior Plate Length: 18-1/2"
- Exterior Plate Width: 2"
- Exterior Grip Length: 5-3/4"
- Exterior Plate Thickness: .093"
- Overall Exterior Projection: 2"
- Interior Plate Length: 13-7/8"
- Interior Plate Width: 2"
- Interior Plate Thickness: .093"
- Interior Knob Diameter: 2-1/4"
- Overall Interior Projection: 2-7/8"
- Knob Hub to Turn Piece Length: 2.25"
- Knob Hub to Cylinder Length: 3.437"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" or 1-3/8"
- Backset: 2-1/2" or 2-3/4"
- Princeton Handleset Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Mortise Box Specification Sheet (PDF)
When Selecting a Function:
- Full Dummy Set: Trim for non-working doors. It does not latch and does not lock. Usually used as matching trim for the non-working side of double doors.
- Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the inside, a thumbturn unlocks the deadbolt and a knob/lever operates the latch.
- Emergency Egress Single Cylinder: From the exterior, a thumb piece operates the handleset latch and a key operates the deadbolt. From the interior, the knob/lever operates the latch as well as the deadbolt for immediate egress.