Schlage D-ORB Orbit Grade 1 Commercial Door Knob
The Orbit classic round ball knob is designed for commercial, institutional, and industrial use in facilities such as schools, hospitals, and factories where a long life of dependable operation must be combined with a high degree of resistance to physical abuse. While the 2-3/4" backset comes standard, 2-3/8", 3-3/4", and 5" backset latches are also available. Good for door thickness from 1-3/8" up to 2". A grade 1 lock, this Schlage made knobset is UL listed for 3 hour fire doors.
Features of the Schlage Orbit Ball Knob:
- Meets BHMA standards at 3,000,000 cycles
- Very easy installation.
- ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000 Grade 1.
- UL fire rated for 3 hour fire door.
- Keying 6-pin, C123 keyway.
- Comes Packaged with two keys per lock.
- Concealed mounting screws.
Specifications of the Commercial Orbit Knob:
- Rose Diameter: 2-9/16"
- Knob Diameter: 2-1/8"
- Knob Projection: 2-7/8"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 2"
- Backset: 2-3/8" (60 mm), 2-3/4" (70 mm), 3-3/4" (95 mm) and 5" (127 mm) backset latches available.
When Selecting a Function:
- Single Dummy: Non-latching and non-locking. Used for one side of door as a pull or to match trim.
- Passage (ANSI F75): Latching only, both knobs always unlocked.
- Exit Lock: A blank plate on the outside. Inside knob always unlocked.
- Privacy (ANSI F76): Locked by the use of a push-button located on the inside knob. Outside emergency unlocking with screwdriver (not included). Turning inside knob or closing door releases button. Inside knob is alway free for immediate egress.
- Classroom Lock (ANSI F84): Outside knob locked and unlocked by key. Inside knob is always unlocked and free for immediate egress.
- Entrance Lock (ANSI F109): Pushing and turning the button on the inside knob locks outside knob. The use of key to enter from the outside is required until button is manually unlocked. On the other hand, just pushing the button on the inside knob and not turning it, locks the outside knob until it is unlocked by a key from the exterior or by turning the inside knob. Inside knob is always unlocked and free for immediate egress.
- Storeroom Lock (ANSI F86): The outside knob is fixed. Entrance from the outside is done only by the use of a key. The inside knob is always unlocked and free for immediate egress.
- Store Lock (Double Cylinder)(ANSI F91): A key will lock and unlock the knob from both the inside and the outside.