Door Hardware News Center
• Omnia #12 Door Lever
The ever popular Omnia #12 Door Lever
gets even better.
• Door Pulls
an alternative to Handlesets for your entryway doors.
• Strap Type Hinges
The beauty of Strap Hinges.
• Lock Keying Service
We offer Lock Keying including
Master keying, Grandmaster keying and Construction
keying as well as keyed alike locks.
• New Door Hardware
When looking for fresh design ideas and items, be sure to check out
• Door Hinges
Door Hinge Replacement Guide:
This article contains information plus trade tips and tricks
Door Hinge Corners:
How to quickly determine your door hinge Corner Radius
Door Hinge Size:
How they are sized and the proper size for your door
Door Hinge Material:
What are your choices and which to choose
• Door Locksets
How to Order Door Knobs, Levers and Handlesets: How
to determine door Handing, Backset and the different door Lock Functions
• General Door Hardware
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
ADA Compliant Door Hardware: What is
ADA and does it affect your hardware choice
Modern Cabinet Hardware: Check out some of the hottest trends for your kitchen cabinets.
• Door Locks and Latches - FAQ's
- Q. How do I determine the handing for a lock?
- Q. What is a reversible lock?
- Q. What is Backset and how do I determine the backset for a door lock?
- Q. What do the different lock functions mean?
- Q. What is a active and inactive door in a set of double doors (pair of doors)?
- Q. What is the thickness of a standard door?
- Q. What do the keying options on your web site mean?
- Q. What is the meaning of a single and double cylinder?
- Q. What is a tubular latch or tubular lock?
- Q. What is a dead locking latch bolt?
- Q. What is a mortise latch or mortise lock?
- Q. What is a strike?
• Door Closers - FAQ's
- Q. What is an ADA compliant door closer?
- Q. Why can't I find door closer hinges in your door closer section?
- Q. I see some of your door closers say they are tri-packed. What does this mean?
- Q. I want to install a new over head door closer and I'm not sure what method to use. What are the benefits of each method?
- Q. What is back check?
- Q. What is sweep speed control?
- Q. What is the latch speed?
- Q. What is a Hold Open or Hold Open Arm?
- Q. I need to replace my door closer and I don't want to drill more holes
in my door. How can I find a closer that will bolt up to the existing holes?
- Q. What does the power or spring size of the closer mean?